Position: Field Coordinator in Kilifi County
Youth and Women for Peace and Sustainable Development (YOWPSUD) is a non-governmental organization focusing on governance, development, and social justice in Kenya. YOWPSUD strives to address marginalization and inequality by advancing the role of women and youth in the social, economic and democratic spheres. YOWPSUD aims to help local communities make contributions to peace and sustainable development in line with Kenya’s Vision 2030 blueprint and the 2010 Constitution.
The Field Coordinator will play a critical role in coordinating and overseeing field operations and activities in Kilifi County. This role involves ensuring the successful execution of projects and maintaining effective communication with stakeholders. The Field Coordinator will collaborate with various departments to ensure the efficient implementation of programs, data collection, and reporting. This position requires strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills to ensure the achievement of project goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
In liaison with the Project Coordinator conduct regular team meetings to discuss progress, challenges, and solutions.
Project Implementation: which includes.
Data Collection and Reporting:
Logistics and Resources:
· Bachelor's degree or a Diploma in development studies, social sciences, or related disciplines with at least 2 years’ experience.
· Proven experience in field operations, project management, or community development.
· Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work effectively in multicultural and diverse settings.
· Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
· Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
· Familiarity with the local context and cultural dynamics in Kilifi is a plus.
· Fluency in English and any local language spoken in Kilifi is an added advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their updated CV, a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and skills, and contact information of at least two professional references. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st September 2023 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Download TOR Below and read more.